Hey babes! If you’ve followed me for awhile on Instagram, then you probably know that I’m obsessed with gel nail polish! I have a problem with nail polish not lasting more than a day or two. I’m really hard on my nails! Lol. Gels last me at least a week, sometimes closer to two weeks!! I get questions about them so I thought I would start a mini series! This week we are talking about what supplies you’ll need, next week will be a tutorial, & the last week will be how to remove them!
I would say Gelish and Red Carpet Manicure are the top two brands. Most of my supplies are from RCM because that’s what I started out with. You can get RCM at Ulta & Nordstrom and Gelish at Sally Beauty. I’m sure you can find them on Amazon and eBay too.
- RCM Purify Pre & Post Application Cleanser ($3.99-$12.99)
- RCM Nail Wipes ($4.99)
- Gelish Mini Cleanser ($7.69)
Base coat– I’m currently using Jamberry’s base coat but I don’t love it. I much prefer my RCM! I am wanting to try Gelish’s to see if it’s worth the price! I’m getting Madam Glam’s in one of my next boxes! Check out my Madam Glam VIP Box post if you want to know more about their subscription!
- RCM Structure Base Coat Gel ($9.99)
- Gelish Mini Foundation Gel ($22.99)
- Madam Glam Base Coat Gel ($19.95)
Top Coat– I’m using RCM and it works perfectly!
- RCM Brilliance Seal & Shine Top Coat ($9.99)
- Gelish Mini Soak Off Sealer Gel ($12.99)
- Madam Glam Top Coat Gel ($19.95)
Gel polish– I’ve used a few different brands but a majority of my collection is Red Carpet Manicure, Madam Glam, China Glaze, & Gelish. The polishes wear varies by brand and color. I’m going to start a swatch gallery soon!
- RCM Professional LED light 6w ($49.99)
- Melody Susie Portable LED Nail Lamp 6w ($15.99) This is the exact same lamp as the RCM above!
- Melody Susie 12w LED Nail Lamp ($27.99)
- RCM Erase ($3.99-$12.99)
- Gelish Mini Artificial Nail Remover ($7.69)
- Beauty Secrets Acetone ($1.99-$19.99)
Foil Remover Wraps– You could just use tin foil and cotton balls but that’s too much work for me. Lol. I buy packs of 100 premade ones from eBay for less then $4! Just keep in mind they come from china so they usually take about a month to come in.
- eBay ($2.49 for 100 pieces) The price varies but I can always find them under $4! It’s the exact same thing as the others!
- RCM Foil Remover Wraps ($9.99)
- ASP Gel Polish Soak Off Nail Foils ($6.39)
- I didn’t even bother linking Gelish’s. There’s no way you need to pay $20 for 100 wraps. I still think the eBay route is the best way to go!
If you are first starting out, I highly recommend a kit! It will have most of what you need and they are normally a good deal!
- RCM Pro 45 Starter Kit ($79.99) This is similar to the one I bought!
- RCM Pro 45 Train Case ($99.99)
- Gelish Complete Starter Kit ($89.99)
- SensatioNail Nail Starter Kit ($24.99)
- Sally Hansen Salon Gel Polish Starter Kit ($59.99)
- RCM Must Haves Kit ($29.99) & Gelish Mini Basix Kit ($54.99) include most of what you need. You’ll still need a lamp!
Let me know if you heve any questins! Who else loves gel polish?! Thanks so much for stopping by!
xoxo, Amber 💋
**Purchased by me. Links are unaffiliated and as always, these are my honest thoughts!**